For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, Follow this link
Your privacy is very important to us. We want you to understand the terms and conditions regarding the collection and use of your personal data.
Information collected by Play the Majors website:
1. Personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you subscribe to our newsletters or register to take part in our contests
2. We will not collect information about any person whom we know to be under the age of consent that is outside parental guidance requirements
How we may use the personal information we collect:
1. for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details
2. for authorising and processing credit card transactions which you enter into online group contests provided by others "Secure SSL Authentication is provided by Play the Majors and its credit card providers"
3. to assist in providing the products and services requested by you
4. to provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you, this will be via Play the Majors email newsletter communication only
5. for any other uses that you may authorise
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of our sites or services. Our sites contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Cookies, and tracking components
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile telephone, smartphone or other device that you use to access our products or services. Where you allow our mobile services and products to deliver content based on your location (by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data. This information is used only for the automated delivery of relevant content to you and for no other purpose.
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, Linux or OS X), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the site from NZ or elsewhere).
We may use the information generated by these "cookies" to:
1. track traffic patterns to and from our sites such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
2. ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
3. enable you to use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
Third Party Ad Servers
Some of our advertisers use third party companies to serve advertisements when you visit our websites. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites, including information gathered by cookies, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We do not control the practices of these companies and they may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Opting in and Opting Out
If at any time you should receive material via our approved mail server we will always provide you with the following options
1. An opt out button "by unsolicited email laws" will always be provided by Play the Majors to allow you to opt out of any future communications
Please note that information related to the results and functionality of the contest will never contain promotional material and should be opted out of with great consideration to no longer receiving contest information
2. opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to this website, receiving newsletters or promotional activities
Changes to Policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, notification of any changes will be made to our mailing list however it is your obligation in the use of our site to review the site policies as frequently as you see fit
Personal Information Collection
Any personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by us on the Play the Majors server. Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold.
We offer the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how our services work or regarding this policy, contact us by email or by mail to Play the Majors, PO Box 63116, Manukau Mail Centre, Manukau 2241, New Zealand.
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, Follow this link
Disclosure of Information
We will never disclose
1. any information that we gather, including your personal information, to our related companies
2. aggregated tracking information and other information that personally identifies you to third parties such as our advertisers
3. your personal information to other third parties unless we have your prior authorisation, via opt in from offers sent directly via Play the Majors